Re: Updated my RootSearch package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58610] Re: [mg58596] Updated my RootSearch package
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:12:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, Ted,

   First, thank you for your work over the years on Mathematica. I'm a
relatively new user of Mathematica, but I'm always happy when I notice
that you've given some input (or, better, a notebook or package) about a
problem.
   I've downloaded and installed your new RootSearch.m file, and am
trying to run the examples notebook. The package is correctly installed
and loads correctly (I think) because I can query its various functions;
in addition, if I call RootSearch on a function, there are no errors
generated. However, even in the cases in your example notebook,
RootSearch returns empty lists where it should return the roots of the
functions. I will go through the RootSearch.m file in a bit more detail
later, to see what I'm doing wrong, or if there is an extra semicolon
somewhere (or something!) but wanted to post this in case there's a
quick fix.

          Many thanks,
                Curtis O.

--