Re: //N bug, but WHY?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58652] Re: //N bug, but WHY?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:21:35 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, The term Cosh[43Pi/Sqrt] has the value 1.5263010243767756 x 10^41, and the rest of the expression has a nearly equal but opposite value - so evaluated to machine precision the subtraction leaves just noise. If you apply FullSimplify it simplifies your expression to something that has only one term - so that presumably yields the correct answer. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk