Re: faster Interpolation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58867] Re: faster Interpolation?
- From: mike_in_england2000 at yahoo.co.uk
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:46:00 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Alessandro Strumia wrote: > hello, > > I need to compute a linear interpolation of a single-parameter function > defined on an equally-spaced grid, and I do not need its derivatives. > > The ListInterpolation function of Mathematica can do this and much more, > but it is not fast enough for my purposes: > it takes almost 10^-3 Second on my computer, > and I need to compute the function in about 10^9 points. > The total running time would be about one month: too slow! > > So I wonder if there is a faster alternative. <SNIP> Out of interest what is the speed and amount of RAM on your machine? Mike