- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58857] faster Interpolation?
- From: Alessandro Strumia <astrumia at mail.df.unipi.it>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:08:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hello, I need to compute a linear interpolation of a single-parameter function defined on an equally-spaced grid, and I do not need its derivatives. The ListInterpolation function of Mathematica can do this and much more, but it is not fast enough for my purposes: it takes almost 10^-3 Second on my computer, and I need to compute the function in about 10^9 points. The total running time would be about one month: too slow! So I wonder if there is a faster alternative. Thank you very much, Alessandro Strumia