- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg59034] Arrow HeadScaling?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:25:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know my brainpower is slowly fading with increasing years, but I've now read the Help message for the Arrow graphics primitive -- specifically, the paragraph immediately following the table of Options for the Arrow primitive (also on p. 140 of the Mathematica 3.0 Standard Add-on Packages) -- at least three times, and also done a few experiments; and I'll be damned if I can grasp what it says about the HeadScaling parameter and the Automatic and Absolute options for that parameter. My only concern is controlling the size of the arrowheads, and having them keep the same relative size if I change the ImageSize or AspectRatio of the graphic in which they're imbedded; no special shapes or the like. Can anyone translate this paragraph into English? (And thanks, I know there are some carefully crafted third-party Arrow packages out there; but I'd just prefer to stick with Mathematica's built-in primitive.)