Re: mml files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57612] Re: mml files
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 05:16:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

MathML is the Mathematical Markup Language and is
used to display
mathematical expressions. For a IGES file you need
*spline* curves
or surfaces to get smooth patches. Mathematica
can't compute spline
patches form a polygonal surface without a lot of
Even generate splines form arbitary triangular
meshes is a nontrivial problem
and I'm sure MathML will not help you.

"alan notis" <spiraltooth at> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:d7k3dl$okd$1 at