From: alan notis [mailto:spiraltooth at optonline.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg57694] [mg57590] mml files

I am using Mathematica to create 3D files that I now want to send to be
machined. I thought that .dxf or stl files would be good enough but they
are asking me for an IGES file. Apparantly when Mathematica exports a
DXF it breaks it up into triangles which are then read as separate
surfaces making the generation of a program for a CNC machine impossible
as there are millions of triangles in the curved surfaces I need to
machine. Mathematica can export as .mml (MathML). Is this helpful? What
would you suggest?

Besty regards,

Alan Notis