Re: Print a selection within

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57692] Re: [mg57654] Print a selection within
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 03:04:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Technically, a notebook itself is just an expression, with the same
being true for cells. Find the appropriate way to "address" a cell
object, and you could use Extract to take out the boxes corresponding
to the definition of your function. From there, you couldprint just
the extracted part as a cell. Off hand, I do not know the code for
doing so.

On 6/3/05, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Detlef_M=FCller?= at
<=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Detlef_M=FCller?= at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Mathematica 5.1 and I have a very large cell from wich
> i want to print some Detail (here one Function out of a whole bunch
> of Functions defined for a Package).
> I discovered, that after marking this Detail and printing it
> into a file, the whole cell (lots of pages) is printed.
> Is there an easier way to print out some lines of a cell
> than copying them into an own cell and then printing this
> cell?
> Greetings,
>    Detlef

Chris Chiasson