Q: Thread behaviour
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57933] Q: Thread behaviour
- From: Dick Barends <dick.barends at wxs.nl>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
k[x_,y_] = x^2+y^2
gives: (a+b)^2+c^2 d^2
I would expect: a^2 + (c d)^2 + b^2 + (c d)^2 (See below)
When I use:
Thread[m[a+b, c d],Plus]
gives: m[a, c d] + m[b, c d]
This is what should happen.
What gives "m" a different solution than "k"????
I hoop some of you will answer:-)
Prev by Date:
ArrayPlot: ColorRules v. ColorFunction
Next by Date:
Re: converting notebook to executable?
Previous by thread:
Re: ArrayPlot: ColorRules v. ColorFunction
Next by thread:
Re: Q: Thread behaviour