Re: New Mathematica visualization website

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58061] Re: [mg58026] New Mathematica visualization website
  • From: Jeff Bryant <jeffb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:19:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

   Thanks for the compliment.  The webpage itself is manually created by
hand.  No Dreamweaver or other tools, just manual HTML and CSS.  The
animations are just animated GIFs exported by Mathematica.  All
rendering and exporting was done by Mathematica, although I may have
used Photoshop to resize some images to fit within the page. Animations
have had no post processing done at all.

Concerning my name not appearing, it wasn't really intentional one way
or another.  As kind of a side thought, I just never thought to include
my name on this particular page since I was hoping others would submit
their work.  I figured that since this page might include the work of
others, I didn't want to mislead people into thinking that all of the
graphics were mine (although currently they are for the most part).
Company policy has nothing to do with it.  I'm willing to entertain
suggestions on how best to incorporate your idea though.

I thought about linking the notebooks, I just haven't cleeaned them up
yet or thought about how to link them up cleanly.  I was more interested
in showing what was possible and so wasn't in a rush to get the
notebooks up there just yet.  I now have a working idea on how to link
them up, probably similar to the way its done on Mathworld.  I would
expect that I'll start adding them soon, in a piecemeal fashion,
especially now that someone has asked for them.

-Jeff