Kernel shuts down due to lack of memory
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58025] Kernel shuts down due to lack of memory
- From: "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have P4 3.8GHz with 2GB of RAM (95% free) and 3GB page file, yet, when solving the system of 10 polynomial equations with FindRoot, after 5 minutes of running I get "No more memory available. Mathematica kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry.". Is there a way to bypass this problem? My old laptop never has this problem although it keeps solving and solving forever.