Re: Goto Line ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54873] Re: Goto Line ?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:08:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/2/05 at 10:29 PM, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Detlef_M=FCller?= at smc.vnet.net
wrote:

>I hope I don't blame me too much ...

>In my package is an error. "Line 466: missing ..." or so.

>How Do I go to Line 466 in Mathematica 4.2?

Basically, you don't. Mathematica isn't designed to replace a text editor. The best way to deal with this problem would be to use an external text editor to open the package file and go to line 466.

In my case since I am running Mac OS X, I use BBedit for this task. If you are running Unix, you could use any of the standard editors such as vi, vim or emacs.