Re: Rearranging a data array containing calendrical as well as data entries.

Gilmar wrote:

> The program should discern between regular years, and leap
> years.  Those of you that are still using FORTRAN, and have
> experienced how difficult it is to deal with date functions
> using FORTRAN, might sympathize with my request.

Dates are not a built-in Fortran data type, but it is not difficult to
manipulate them. There are some links to codes for this at
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Fortran/Source_Code/
-- search "date". Numerical Recipes also has code to handle dates. In
Fortran 90 and later versions, one can define a data type such as

type, public :: date_mdy
    integer :: month
    integer :: day
    integer :: year
end type date_mdy

along with associated functions to compute the day-of-week, next day,
etc. I have done this.