Re: Re: Goto Line ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54906] Re: [mg54893] Re: Goto Line ?
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:55:56 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200503050634.BAA01042@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
It is only inconsistent to the extent that it is inconsistent for WRI to develop a package format for Mathematica and provide no tools for editing or handling of packages (besides a basic template). The FrontEnd has tools only for manipulating notebooks and the concept of "line" is not appropriate in a Mathematica notebook. On the other this is an opportunity for someone else to develop such tools. For example, on the Mac someone familiar with Tcl could develop a Mathematica package mode for the AlphaX editor (or using Tk instead of TCl one could do this for AlphaTk which also runs on Windows). Andrzej Kozlowski On 5 Mar 2005, at 07:34, Kevin J. McCann wrote: > This seems a bit inconsistent for Wolfram to indicate a cryptic error > at > some specific line #, but to then fail to have a way within > Mathematica itself > to correct the problem. Yeah, I know, it will be fixed in a future > release. > > Kevin > > Peltio wrote: > >> You wrote >> >> >>> In my package is an error. "Line 466: missing ..." or so. >>> How Do I go to Line 466 in Mathematica 4.2? >> >> >> In Mathematica, I don't know. But if you open your package as a text >> file in a text >> editor such as PFE, KWrite or EditPad (they are all free) you can do >> that in >> a jiffy. >> >> cheers, >> Peltio >> > >
- Re: Goto Line ?
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: Goto Line ?