Re: Re: Goto Line ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54906] Re: [mg54893] Re: Goto Line ?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:55:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It is only inconsistent to the extent that it is inconsistent for WRI
to develop a package format for Mathematica and provide no tools for
editing or handling of packages (besides a basic template). The
FrontEnd has tools only for manipulating notebooks and the concept of
"line" is not appropriate in a Mathematica notebook.
On the other this is an opportunity for someone else to develop such
tools. For example, on the Mac someone familiar with Tcl could develop
a Mathematica package mode for the AlphaX editor (or using Tk instead
of TCl one could do this for AlphaTk which also runs on Windows).

Andrzej Kozlowski