Re: Something like Gouraud/Phong Shade for Polygons in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55075] Re: Something like Gouraud/Phong Shade for Polygons in Mathematica?
- From: Jon Harrop <usenet at jdh30.plus.com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:21:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Monty Hall wrote: > In OpenGL, polygons can be Gouraud shaded. Is there something similar in > Mathematica? No, AFAIK Mathematica's graphics share the PostScript rendering model. This only allows flat fills, not gradient (e.g. for Gouraud). The evolution to a PDF-like rendering model, with more sophisticated fills, would be most welcome, IMHO. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy http://www.ffconsultancy.com