- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55090] Pattern gremlins.
- From: Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk>
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:36:37 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I obviously don't understand patterns like I thought that I did.
Can someone tell me why this matches,
In: a b c d e f g /. d f :> yes
Out: a b c e f g yes
but this doesn't,
In: a b c d e f g /. x:d f :> yes
Out: a b c d e f g
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk) http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker) http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/
Physics Particle Theory (student) http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/
================ An eclectic mix of fact and theory. =================
Prev by Date:
Plotting a super ellipse
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Plotting a super ellipse
Next by thread:
Re: Pattern gremlins.