Re: J/Link problem on Mac OS X
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55235] Re: [mg55204] J/Link problem on Mac OS X
- From: Igor Antonio <igora at wolf-ram.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:29:25 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <200503161036.FAA23889@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: igora at wolf-ram.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I've recently become aware that I cannot run J/link programs on my computer
> when using version 5.1 (OS X 10.3.8). I had yet to delete version 5.0 and
> that version seems to run all the examples in the J/Link help browser and
> GUI kit fine. Version 5.1 stalls (error messages) at the InstallJava
> Has anyone else experienced this?
The 10.3.8 security update introduced a bug that prevents JLink from
running. This issue has been reported to Apple.
Symptoms: When running:
InstallJava will hang. Mathematica doesn't crash, you can simply
abort evaluation of that cell.
In the meantime, please contact support at wolfram.com and request JLink
version 3.0.2, which contains a workaround to deal with the issue. An
FAQ for this issue will be online in the near future at
Wolfram Research, Inc.
To email me personally, remove the dash.
Prev by Date:
Re: bug in series expansion routines.
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
J/Link problem on Mac OS X
Next by thread:
New package: Wavelet-based time-frequency analysis