Re: GridLines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55245] Re: GridLines
  • From: "adamizer" <adam.smith at hillsdale.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:30:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Give this a try:
<<Graphics`Colors`

I just load the above package to avoid having to use the
RGBColor[1,0,0] form for the different colors.  I took the liberty of
showing how to dash the grids as well as change the colors.

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10},
    GridLines -> {{Automatic, {Dashing[{0.05, 0.05}],
            Yellow}}, {Automatic, {Dashing[{0.1, 0.1}], Green}}}];

I have noted at least one buggy behavior.  The color only works with
the Automatic option.  Without the color and dashing one can specify
specifically where to put the grids (similar to Ticks) with a list such
at:

GridLines ->{{0,Pi,2 Pi,3 Pi},{-1,-0.5,0,0.5,1}}

Which works fine.  But I could not get Mathematica to do the
user-defined grid and colors.  Maybe someone else out there knows how.

Adam Smith