Re: Re: J/Link problem on Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55297] Re: [mg55247] Re: [mg55204] J/Link problem on Mac OS X
  • From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:34:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 02:30 AM 3/17/2005, Mike Honeychurch wrote:
>I went to the WRI website and did a search and found a download page:
>
>http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/mathlink/jlink/download.cgi
>
> >From there I downloaded:
>
>JLink_3.0.2_OSX.tgz
>
>Installed it but the problem remains. I then checked the version and it is
>3.0.1 despite the download page and the download file stating that it is
>3.0.2!!!
>
>So where do we find this mysterious 3.0.2?

Mike,

The version on the download page is indeed 3.0.2. It sounds like you didn't
install the new version correctly. You need to replace the JLink directory
in the Mathematica layout with the new one you downloaded. To do this,
control-click on your Mathematica 5.1 icon and select "Show Package
Contents" from the popup menu. In the folder window that opens, you will
see an AddOns folder. Drag the new JLink folder into the AddOns folder and
say OK to the prompt that asks whether you want to overwrite the existing
folder of the same name.

You can test the version of J/Link you are getting by evaluating:

     <<JLink`
     JLink`Information`$Version

A trick to see the location from which J/Link (or any other package) is
being loaded is to use:

     System`Private`FindFile["JLink`"]

Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research