Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56670] Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 05:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> No. CPU usage remains minimal. It takes 45-60 seconds for Mathematica to > start, during which time Activity Monitor frequently shows the process as > "hung". Opening a short, 3-line Mathematica file takes about 20 seconds. I'm not sure what could cause long unresponsive pauses like that other than some sort of network problem. Is your network properly configured? Do you have an uncommon setup? Are you connected through VPN? Do you have any network mounted file systems (nfs, smb, afp, WebDAV/iDisk)? -Rob