Re: Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56669] Re: [mg56616] Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- From: Igor Antonio <igora at wolf-ram.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 05:26:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200504300527.BAA23906@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: igora at wolf-ram.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Kenneth Bowman wrote: > In article <d4so1c$abo$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com> wrote: > > >>>2.5 GHz, dual-processor G5 with 2 GB of RAM and OS X 10.3.9 >> >>I have the exact same machine you describe and I have never seen >>problems like this (at least 5.0 & 5.1, I don't have 4.1.5 or 4.2 >>handy). Try quitting & moving your ~/Library/Mathematica folder to >>your desktop to see if the problem still happens. > > > Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't help. > > >>Look at the CPU usage with the 'top' command or >>/Applications/Utilities/ActivityMonitor.app. Does Mathematica use >>excessive amounts of CPU time? > > > No. CPU usage remains minimal. It takes 45-60 seconds for Mathematica to > start, during which time Activity Monitor frequently shows the process as > "hung". Opening a short, 3-line Mathematica file takes about 20 seconds. > This is on a nearly new system. I don't have slow-downs with any other apps. > > Ken Bowman Are you connecting to a Mathematica License Manager? I suggest you contact technical support: support at wolfram.com -- Igor Antonio Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com To email me personally, remove the dash.