Re: solve() problem since new ROM update

Hi Mike,

This looks like a question for a HP-4? Newsgroup ....

> I have tried multiple problems (simple ones albiet) to solve
> while in ALG mode.
> SOLVE(x^4 - 1 = 3, x)
> but this provides no result. Just returns the question with no answer.
> The answer should be x = -Sqrt(2) or x = sqrt(2).

Mathematica and my HP-48GX agree here to 11 decimal places -- there are 4
roots +/-Sqrt[2] and +/-I * Sqrt[2].

> The example works in RPN, but I use both environments
> depending what I am doing. It worked before the upgrade.

Maybe you need to try upgrading your ROM again?

> Am I missing something here!

Mathematica by the looks of things ...

Regards,

Dave.