Mathlink platform names of opteron and ia32 "Linux" conflicting - Any Wolfram person here?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57319] Mathlink platform names of opteron and ia32 "Linux" conflicting - Any Wolfram person here?
- From: fei.fzhou at gmail.com
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 05:12:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Maybe this is not a common problem, but when one wants to run Mathlink program 'foo' in a multi-platform environment including ia32, ia64, HP-Alpha and Opteron, it is convenient to compile and put the specific binary executables under foo/PLATFORM_NAME/ and Mathematica automatically loads the binary corresponding to the host platform. Unfortunately ia32 (pentium*) and opteron share the same "Linux" but the executables are NOT compatible. I guess it is possible to compile with some special switch to get binary compatible executables but at the cost of efficiency and effort. Can Wolfram please come up with a new distinct name for opteron like Linux-opteron? Thanks, Fei