Re: Mathlink platform names of opteron and ia32 "Linux" conflicting - Any Wolfram person here?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57342] Re: Mathlink platform names of opteron and ia32 "Linux" conflicting - Any Wolfram person here?
- From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:02:48 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
What is the result if you evaluate "$SystemID" in Mathematica on the two Linux systems? If they both return "Linux" then the binaries should be compatible between the two and there is likely some compiler/linker/library issue that is making them incompatible. If one returns "Linux" and the opteron returns "Linux-x86-64", then your MathLink programs should be in different directories (whose names are the values of $SystemID) and this problem will not occur. -Rob