Bug in pattern parsing?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61996] Bug in pattern parsing?
- From: Kristjan Kannike <kkannike at physic.ut.ee>
- Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:41:36 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I may have discovered a bug in pattern parsing or applying transformation
The following two rules should be equivalent:
rule1 = c_.*X_.Y_ -> X.Y
with c an optional variable, and
rule2 = c_.*Dot[X_, Y_] -> X.Y
Yet applying rule1 on a.b as
(the same result obtains for the optional factor actually present as in
const a.b), but
as it should.
I think that it has to do with the dot in c_., but curiously I get the
same result when writing the LHS of rule1 as Optional[c]*Y.Z and that
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Running the kernel as a daemon?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Bug in pattern parsing?