Re: Re: Mathematica 1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62067] Re: [mg62005] Re: Mathematica 1
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 02:51:17 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <200511090845.DAA17336@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 11/9/05, Arne Eide <arne.eide at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the DOS-version of Mathematica 1.2 and for fun I did try to
> install it on my PC (Wndows XP). It failed to start in the command
> tool, giving this error message:
> "The 386 chip is currently executing in virtual 8086 mode under the control
> of another program. You must turn off this other program in order
> to use 386|DOS-Extender to run in protected mode."
Windows NT4/2000/XP will not let you have "control" of the processor.
However, it should run on Windows 95/98, I think, or in the "MS-DOS
mode" of Win98.
Another option is running it under DOSBox (free DOS emulator) / MS
Virtual PC / VMware (both commercial "x86 emulator" programs that
allow to run another OS within Windows XP).
I don't know about the Mac version of Mathematica, however.
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Prev by Date:
Re: Read a delimited text file into a mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: ((a&&b)||c)==((a||c)&&(b||c)) is not true
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica 1
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Re: Mathematica 1