Re: Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62062] Re: Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 02:51:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/intel/deletenext51.html
> you need only parts 1 and 2. part 3 will only work once in each session
> and you wiil either need to write this command manually on you shell or
> make this happen each time you log in.
> For the second option just (I use the bash shell) enter the command
> xrdb .XMathematica into you .bashrc file
> use any text editor you like. You will find this file is in your home
> directory
> good luck
> yehuda
>

> On 11/8/05, Steven T. Hatton <hattons at globalsymmetry.com> wrote:

I do not believe I ever saw the errors Masrur posted.  I believe this is all
I have done to my system to get Mathematica to work correctly.

$ touch ~/.Xdefaults

$ echo $MMA_ADDONS
/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/5.2/AddOns

$ echo $MMA_APPS
/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/5.2/AddOns/Applications

$ cat ~/bin/mma
#!/bin/bash
pushd $MMA_CODE
export CLASSPATH=\
:$MMA_ADDONS/JLink/JLink.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/GUIKit.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/bsf.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/OculusLayout.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/diva-canvas-core.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/xercesImpl.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/concurrent.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/bsf-Wolfram.jar\
:$MMA_APPS/GUIKit/Java/xmlParserAPIs.jar\
:/download/de/uni-stutgart/live.jar\
:.

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

nohup mathematica\
 -font 10x20\
 -geometry 800x600+80+60\
 -singleLaunch $@ > ~/.Mathematica/mma.log &
########### EOF ####################

$ chmod 755 ~/bin/mma
$ ~/bin/mma

I recently reinstalled Mathematica, so everything in the install directory
which I might have modified should be back to default settings.  I do not
have an XMathematica under /usr/X11R6.
$ grep -r XMathematica *  2> /dev/null
$
$ grep -r Xmathematica *  2> /dev/null
$

The 2> /dev/null just sends the "permission denied" errors to /dev/null
--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/
Math for Comp Sci http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/math/bmwcs/master.html