FullSimplify Hang?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62184] FullSimplify Hang?
  • From: "Igor Touzov" <igor at nc.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:16:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I run FullSimplify on expression with LeafCount of 89281. It runs for 80
hours already , and I have no idea if it ever going to complete.

Is there any way to estimate its progress % ?

It is possible it just in some king of dead loop?

It would be nice for Mathematica to have ability to indicate current
progress or possibility to interrupt current simplification and obtain
intermediate result.

Thanks.