Re: FullSimplify Hang?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62213] Re: [mg62184] FullSimplify Hang?
  • From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:16:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 11/14/05, Igor Touzov <igor at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I run FullSimplify on expression with LeafCount of 89281. It runs for 80
> hours already , and I have no idea if it ever going to complete.
>
> Is there any way to estimate its progress % ?

I would like also to see this feature in Mathematica.
Sometimes, it is rather annoying to not have an "estimated time", esp.
considering that many other software give at least a progress bar.

> It is possible it just in some king of dead loop?

I don't think so; I believe the Mathematica kernel is smart enough to
detect this.

> It would be nice for Mathematica to have ability to indicate current
> progress or possibility to interrupt current simplification and obtain
> intermediate result.

[]s
--
Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=2202360379963855296