Re: Plotting polyhedra

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62225] Re: Plotting polyhedra
  • From: p.ramsden at imperial.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:28:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Peter,

As I mentioned on the Mathematica Users Forum, the general problem isn't well-defined: that's to say, given an ordered list of vertices, it's not in general possible to deduce what polyhedron this list is meant to specify.

The tetrahedron problem *is* well-defined. I don't think there's an inbuilt Mathematica function that does that (though I may be wrong), but it wouldn't be that hard to write your own. On the forum, I've posted a function I've called

  tetrahedronByVertices

that does tetrahedra in this way.

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=6035#p6035