Re: FullSimplify Hang?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg62221] Re: [mg62184] FullSimplify Hang?
- From: <bsyehuda at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:28:24 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200511140216.VAA23580@smc.vnet.net> <200511150916.EAA22729@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I wonder if you try to use the TimeConstraint option? It is supposed to do exactly what you need yehuda On 11/15/05, Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com> wrote: > > On 11/14/05, Igor Touzov <igor at nc.rr.com> wrote: > > I run FullSimplify on expression with LeafCount of 89281. It runs for 80 > > hours already , and I have no idea if it ever going to complete. > > > > Is there any way to estimate its progress % ? > > I would like also to see this feature in Mathematica. > Sometimes, it is rather annoying to not have an "estimated time", esp. > considering that many other software give at least a progress bar. > > > It is possible it just in some king of dead loop? > > I don't think so; I believe the Mathematica kernel is smart enough to > detect this. > > > It would be nice for Mathematica to have ability to indicate current > > progress or possibility to interrupt current simplification and obtain > > intermediate result. > > s > -- > Thanks/obrigado, Renan "Wishmaster" Birck - Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, > Brasil > MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com > Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=2202360379963855296 > >