Hardcopy or electronic books?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62293] Hardcopy or electronic books?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:54:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In an ongoing correspondence with an author of books related to Mathematica,
the subject of hardcopy verses electronic media came up.  I contend that
hardcopy remains valuable even though books can easily be distributed
electronically.  I have several books in electronic form, and find that I
do not tend to read them.  I much prefer having books in hardcopy.  Having
the electronic form, especially if they consist of Mathematica notebooks is
certainly valuable, but does not replace the functionality of traditional
books with paper pages.

What do others think about this?

--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/