- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60885] Re: [mg60881] Rounding?
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 01:54:37 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200510010655.CAA13187@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 1 Oct 2005, at 15:55, Tom De Vries wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Sorry if this is an obvious question. I'm wondering why the two
> below are different?
> I'm creating programs to generate test questions, and I need to
> know that my
> computer generated answers will match the student answers, to say,
> decimal places. So the answer is -0.0625 "exactly", the first
> result makes
> sense to me, the second doesn't.
> If there is a reason for this, is there are way to insure I can
> make the
> first result look like the second result all the time??
> Thanks for your input!
> Tom De Vries
This is because ToString by default uses the OutputForm of your
Compare this with:
Prev by Date:
Re: Minimizing an integer value function
Next by Date:
Re: Finding length in recursive definition?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
- From: Tom De Vries <email@example.com>