- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60891] Re: [mg60881] Rounding?
- From: Pratik Desai <pdesai1 at umbc.edu>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 01:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200510010655.CAA13187@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Tom De Vries wrote:
>Sorry if this is an obvious question. I'm wondering why the two results
>below are different?
>I'm creating programs to generate test questions, and I need to know that my
>computer generated answers will match the student answers, to say, three
>decimal places. So the answer is -0.0625 "exactly", the first result makes
>sense to me, the second doesn't.
>If there is a reason for this, is there are way to insure I can make the
>first result look like the second result all the time??
>Thanks for your input!
>Tom De Vries
This is another example of the result being displayed in OutputForm
(used in ToString)
SetAccuracy[-0.0625, 4] // OutputForm
SetAccuracy[-0.0625, 4] // ToString
Although when you set the accuracy to 5 all of the above work
See help on OutputForm for more details
Hope this helps
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Phone: 410 455 8134
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: simultaneous ... and ___
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
- From: Tom De Vries <email@example.com>