- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60881] Rounding?
- From: Tom De Vries <tom_toad at telus.net>
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 02:55:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello everyone, Sorry if this is an obvious question. I'm wondering why the two results below are different? I'm creating programs to generate test questions, and I need to know that my computer generated answers will match the student answers, to say, three decimal places. So the answer is -0.0625 "exactly", the first result makes sense to me, the second doesn't. If there is a reason for this, is there are way to insure I can make the first result look like the second result all the time?? SetAccuracy[-0.0625,4] -0.063 ToString[SetAccuracy[-0.0625,4]] -0.062 Thanks for your input! Tom De Vries