Mathematica won't run if LANG var is set to pt_BR
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60208] Mathematica won't run if LANG var is set to pt_BR
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have installed Mathematica in Linux (Ubuntu Linux 5.04 - essentially
Debian) and works OK, as long as my LANG environment variable is set to 'C'
(which means 'no specific language') or 'US'.
But I want to use the GNOME window manager in Portuguese, and this,
"automagically" sets the LANG variable to pt_BR (which means 'Brazilian
Portuguese'). When this is set, Mathematica will not run, it will error at
startup with "An illegal right-hand side value was specified for the cell
style option "FontColor"".
Anybody knows how to fix this problem?
I use Mathematica 5.0.
Prev by Date:
Three piece function
Next by Date:
true limit of mathematica ? Help me !!!
Previous by thread:
Re: Three piece function
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica won't run if LANG var is set to pt_BR