Announcing WolframTones

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60334] Announcing WolframTones
  • From: The Wolfram Science Group <nkswire at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:07:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

We're pleased to announce a new consumer application of
Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science, and Mathematica:

WolframTones -- An Experiment in A New Kind of Music
http://tones.wolfram.com

We encourage you to check it out; we think it's pretty neat
(as well as being scientifically interesting, and useful).

WolframTones was entirely implemented in Mathematica and
webMathematica. The site describes some of what was involved;
we'll be talking about it more at the Wolfram Technology
Conference in October.

We hope you enjoy finding your music in the computational
universe!

-- The Wolfram Science Group
http://www.wolframscience.com