Re: Precedence

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60315] Re: Precedence
  • From: Cca <cca at gregosetroianos.mat.br>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Xerxes,

>I know I can attach a TagBox to the CenterDot to force it to
>have lower precedence, but that ruins the convenience of typing
>esc-.-esc to get the dot.

Take a look at

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2005/Sep/msg00145.html

where I recently talked about entering complex notation through buttons or aliases. For instance,
you could try something like

SetOptions[InputNotebook[],
  InputAliases->
    Append[Options[InputNotebook[],InputAliases][[1,2]],

".":> (yourBoxExpressionHere)

]]

You can also put the expression

".":> (yourBoxExpressionHere)

on a stylesheet or define it globally (use $FrontEnd instead of InputNotebook[] above). Another solution is to alter the file MenuSetup.tr.

Carlos César de Araújo
Gregos & Troianos Educacional
www.gregosetroianos.mat.br
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil