Re: Forums opened on

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60355] Re: [mg60333] Forums opened on
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:27:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Has anyone looked at the Mathematica NotebookML structure? I imagine
that it is a good XML Schema (or DTD) that can be well integrated with
other XML data. I think there is already an associated stylesheet for
displaying NotebookML in a browser (not sure tho - the stylesheet
should transform NotebookML into XHTML + MathML). Anyway, a user
wanting to specify Mathematica content could (as a first
implementation), paste XHTML+NotebookML into the website editing
window. The displayed output on the website could be the same
notebook, but with all cells executed.

On 9/13/05, Barthelet, Luc <lucb at> wrote:
> Above the wiki implementation in webMathematica, I added a forum
> implementation (also in webMathematica and leveraging also the same wiki
> syntax)
> You can see a picture of what the forum can look like at:
> athematica_Forums
> Or you can just start posting in the forums:
> pecial:Forum_Index
> I will continue to add functionality this week, like email subscriptions
> to forums, personality and display options to match what kind by found
> in similar forums based on PunBB like
> Cheers,
> Luc

Chris Chiasson