Re: Forums opened on

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg60353] Re: [mg60333] Forums opened on
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:27:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mediawiki is tough to beat for a standalone wiki, but now that you are
adding more stuff:

Have you looked at Drupal? I just installed it on a web server
yesterday. Like Wikipedia, it is a set of PHP scripts that accesses a
database. It is probably the most popular open source content
management system behind Mambo. It does have a wiki module available,
but that would probably be unecessary given its node architecture.
Users can submit pages, they can have blogs, they can collaborate on
books, they can post to forums, etc... There is even a module that
will submit a site index to Google when the site is updated (or that
can just be used to create the site index and serve it when web
spiders show up).

Google Sitemap

On 9/13/05, Barthelet, Luc <lucb at> wrote:
> Above the wiki implementation in webMathematica, I added a forum
> implementation (also in webMathematica and leveraging also the same wiki
> syntax)
> You can see a picture of what the forum can look like at:
> athematica_Forums
> Or you can just start posting in the forums:
> pecial:Forum_Index
> I will continue to add functionality this week, like email subscriptions
> to forums, personality and display options to match what kind by found
> in similar forums based on PunBB like
> Cheers,
> Luc

Chris Chiasson