Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60428] Re: [mg60377] Mathematica: access serial port?
- From: Clifford Martin <camartin at snet.net>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Look at the book Mathematica in the Laboratory by Dick, et.al. There is code and explanation there of linking to the external ports. It's mostly in windows and mac but I think some modifications will work in Linux (although I haven't done it myself). Good luck. Cliff --- Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any way to make a Mathematica program > access the serial port? > I need this to link to external electronical device. > > Maybe using MathLink (but I don't know programming > in C/C++)? > > I use Mathematica 5.0 in Linux, so this maybe would > require a kernel > module for the serial port. > > Thanks! > >