Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60478] Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- From: Luis Rademacher <lrademac at hotmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:32:02 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Renan, Use JLink? See for example http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2000/Mar/msg00038.html I haven't tried this and I don't know if it is a good idea, but I think that "portable access to serial ports" was promoted as an interesting uses of JLink when it was created. Luis. Renan wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any way to make a Mathematica program access the serial port? > I need this to link to external electronical device. > Maybe using MathLink (but I don't know programming in C/C++)? > > I use Mathematica 5.0 in Linux, so this maybe would require a kernel > module for the serial port. > > Thanks! >