Re: number of digits in n^p
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60465] Re: number of digits in n^p
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:31:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, U.K.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
George wrote: > i wonder if there is a formula, a function, or a method in mathematica to know the number of digits in n raised to the power of p without calculating the result, such as 67^89 will give us a number with 163 digits in it, is there a way to know this result without actually calculating 67^89 > thanks > George Hi George, Is this what you are looking for? In:= Plus @@ DigitCount[67^89] Out= 163 Best regards, /J.M.