Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60482] Re: Mathematica: access serial port?
- From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Renan wrote: > Is there any way to make a Mathematica program access the serial port? > I need this to link to external electronical device. > Maybe using MathLink (but I don't know programming in C/C++)? A while back I created a package that does this. After reading your message I cleaned it up a little and contributed it to the Mathematica InfoCenter <http://library.wolfram.com>, but it has not yet been posted. In the mean time you can download it here <http://members.wolfram.com/schofield/SerialIO.zip>. Unzip, place the folder in $[User]BaseDirectory/Applications, then load with <<SerialIO`. The SerialIO directory contains a simple example notebook. Currently it works with Mac OS X and Linux (x86). I can add support for Windows and possibly other Unix platforms at request. Rob Raguet-Schofield Wolfram Research