Mathemaica 5.2 are the 64 Bit an illusion !!!....?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg60581] Mathemaica 5.2 are the 64 Bit an illusion !!!....?
- From: LumisROB <lumisrob_NOGOOD_ at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:20:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Verified to fund both on Windows that on other OS : Mathematica 5.2
and the 64 bit are an illusion. You try on any system to create 4
numerical random matrixes of 10^4*10^4 elements (they should occupy
around 4GB.Mathematica uses the packeds array in which every number of
car occupies 8 bytes) but.... mathematica interrupts the calculation
for lack of memory . A tool that it affirms to be to 64 bit doesn't
have to do this...... or no?
Thanks for the help
Prev by Date:
Mathematica 5.0 and Excel
Next by Date:
Re: Dropping Similar Numbers from List
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica 5.0 and Excel
Next by thread:
Re: Mathemaica 5.2 are the 64 Bit an illusion !!!....?