Re: Help with Identities
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65596] Re: Help with Identities
- From: Bhuvanesh <lalu_bhatt at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
As for the second question, Log[x/y] and Log[x]-Log[y] are related by: Log[x/y] == Log[x] - Log[y] + 2*Pi*I*Floor[(Pi - Arg[x] + Arg[y])/(2*Pi)] For x>0 && y>0 the Floor term vanishes. In:= Simplify[Log[x]-Log[y]-Log[x/y], x>0 && y>0] Out= 0 Bhuvanesh, Wolfram Research.