  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65780] Define new constant as Pi is
  • From: suchaneck <greenux at gmx.de>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:28:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi,
I'm programming a package for Max-Plus Algebra, where the constant
\[Epsilon} is the same as -\[Infinity]. I want Mathematica to operate with
it, like it does with Pi. While calculating a function it knows that the
Symbol Pi is 3.14..., but within the Output Pi is kept as Symbol. I want
the same for \[Epsilon}. Does anybody knows a solution for that? Thanks.