Define new constant as Pi is
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65780] Define new constant as Pi is
- From: suchaneck <greenux at gmx.de>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:28:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: greenux at gmx.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hi, I'm programming a package for Max-Plus Algebra, where the constant \[Epsilon} is the same as -\[Infinity]. I want Mathematica to operate with it, like it does with Pi. While calculating a function it knows that the Symbol Pi is 3.14..., but within the Output Pi is kept as Symbol. I want the same for \[Epsilon}. Does anybody knows a solution for that? Thanks.