Re: TeX or LaTeX input for Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65762] Re: TeX or LaTeX input for Mathematica
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:28:00 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I dunno if there are any direct TeX to Mathematica converters, but I have heard about programs that can convert TeX to MathML. If you convert something to MathML (or XHTML+MathML), you can paste the MathML into Mathematica, which will interpret it as two dimensional input. One easy way to extract MathML in a web page is to right click it in Firefox->view MathML source->then cut+paste into Mathematica. Try a google search for "latex mathml" without quotation marks. Please let us know how this turns out. I am sure others have old papers they'd like to convert.