Re: MathLink and SparseArray

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65866] Re: MathLink and SparseArray
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 04:54:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

you can try to get the rules that correspond to
the sparse array
and pass the rules to your C-Program.

<jmartinezv at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e1sv36$cq1$1 at
| [This post has been delayed due to email
problems - moderator]
| Hi there,
| I have been using mathematica and C++  for
analyising Markov processes,
| mostly
| represented with sparse matrices. So far, I've
| exporting/importing the matrices
| into a file to pass the information between
mathematica and programs in
| c++.
| I am using external code due to performance
| Is there any way I can avoid the
exporting/importing process by, for
| example,
| using a non-documented function like
MLGetRealSparseArray..., or any
| way of
| accessing the internal representation of the
SparseArray (compressed
| row format)?
| The matrices i am working with are square and
very sparse (<1%