RE: combinatorica documentation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68823] RE: [mg68815] combinatorica documentation
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 04:43:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The raw package is good. The documentation is awful and cripples the
package. The book is much better and the price one pays for getting the
package as a free add-on. Perhaps you should post specific questions to
MathGroup and those who know Combinatorica well (not me) will give you help.
I know that is not a totally adequate solution because of the time delay but
it might be enough to get you over the humps.

David Park
djmp at

From: Jack Kennedy [mailto:jack at]
To: mathgroup at

Hi All,

Everything I find on Combinatorica, online or in the Help, seems to gloss
over the many, many functions and options of the Combinatorica package. Is
there anyplace I can find complete documentation?

(I found the book, *Computational Discrete Mathematics: Combinatorics and
Graph Theory with Mathematica*, but it's not a very complete reference

J. Kennedy